2020 ASCO Spartacus Dash
New 2020 Race Day Guidelines.
A Message from the RACE TEAM.
First, we just want to send a big shout out to everyone in the community that contributes to this event. Thank you to our participants, sponsors, donors, community members, and volunteers! Without you all, we could not keep this great event going year after year!!
We are committed to making ASCO Spartacus Dash 2020 a success while raising some money to give. After all, that is what it’s all about! We all need some hope and encouragement about now!!!
LET’S DO THIS!!!!! SEE YOU SOON!!!!
PLEASE REVIEW THE ADDENDUM FOR NEW 2020 RACE DAY GUIDELINES
ASCO SPARTACUS DASH 2020
In-Person Race Day Guidelines for Participants/Spectators
Published: September 1, 2020
We have adopted the below safety measures and guidelines for in-person race.
NOTE: We are monitoring all state and local laws, as well as recommendations from the CDC. Race day rules and regulations are subject to change in accordance with your state and local mandates, which supersede this document.
-Those experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are not permitted on-site. The CDC’s list of symptoms is found online at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
-Race staff retain the right to ask anyone displaying symptoms to leave for the safety of all attendees.
-We ask all attendees to wear a mask and observe social distancing (minimum of 6 ft.) wherever possible. Runners are also requested to wear facemasks until they begin racing.
-Hand sanitizer will be available.
-We HIGHLY encourage race bag pick up on Friday.
-We recommend that those unable to physically complete an obstacle, to skip or opt for burpees. In order to avoid contact, we ask that children in need of aid on the course be escorted with a friend or family member.
-Stay connected with us by following us on social media and through e-mail.
- The 9AM, 930AM COMPETITVE WAVE and 10AM TEAM wave, DO NOT have to attempt obstacles. If you are uncomfortable with the touch points, you can opt for 15 burpees right away to avoid the obstacles. There will not be a penalty for not attempting an obstacle and choosing burpees instead.
- A participant can opt out of an obstacle by going around it, with the exception of the competitive waves. Competitive waves must complete the obstacle or 15 burpees. 12 & Under must complete 10 burpees. Volunteers will be stationed at each obstacle to ensure completion. Any penalty will result in a DQ.
- JUST FOR FUN WAVES DO NOT HAVE TO COMPLETE BURPEES OR COMPLETE EVERY OBSTACLE.
- A BURPEE IS DEFINED AS a movement in which a person squats, places the palms of the hands on the floor in front of the feet, jumps back into a push-up position and returns to the squat position, and then jumps up into the air while extending the arms overhead.
A QR code will be posted on race day. It will also be e-mailed to each participant and available on social media. When the race is complete, participants can check results on their personal device (phone or computer). You can also opt in to text/email instant notifications, upon registration. If you didn’t do that at registration, you can go into your Run Sign Up account and add those up until October 9th at midnight.
Unfortunately, there will be NO OVERALL WINNER CUSTOM AWARDS (i.e. swords, axes, etc.) this year. However, you will be awarded with a medal if you win overall in a division.
There will NOT be a presentation. However, winners will receive special medals on race day. Medals will NOT be mailed.
AGE GROUP AWARDS:
1. At 1030AM (TEAM DIVISION AWARDS: At 11AM),
Please pull up the race results on your personal device by using the QR code or link below.
2. Then select “RESULTS” to view your placement. Results will NOT be printed. Results will NOT be announced.
3. To pick up your medal, visit the awards pick up table and give your name, division and placement. Afterwards, you may pick up your medal. The volunteer will take note of your pick up.
Lines will be formed at the medal pick up tables so that winners can grab and go. Sanitizing stations will be available and we ask that you properly sanitize your hands before visiting the tables.
If you are unable to pick up your medal on race day, you may pick up your award at ASCO beginning October 12th.
You have 2 options but we highly encourage option 1.
Option 1: Friday October 9, 2020
202 S I-35 Frontage Rd
Belton, TX 76513
Option 2: Saturday, October 10, 2020
RACE VENUE/FINISH LINE AREA:
700 Confederate Park Drive
Belton, TX 76513
NEW FOR 2020! THE RACE WILL START ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE CREEK WITH THE ZIP LINE AS THE FIRST OBSTACLE.
Please space yourself so that you are distanced 6 feet from other runners. This space allows for participants to distance themselves away from crowds.
Runners will distance themselves and their time will not start until they (and their timing chip) cross the timing mat/start line. THE FIRST TIMING MAT WILL BE CROSSED AFTER YOU EXIT THE ZIP LINE. YOUR TIME WILL NOT BEGIN UNTIL YOU CROSS THE TIMING MAT.
This means that even though you line up in the 9AM wave, that your official start time may not begin until 915AM.
Runners are also requested to wear facemasks until they begin racing.
We highly encourage participants to stay in their cars until it is their start time.
Volunteers will periodically spray obstacles with disinfectant cleaner.
ICE BATH- No submerging. Please stay above water level and walk, jog, swim through to the exit.
We ask spectators not to crowd the finish line area and to remain socially distanced. Please stand back and allow runners and race staff space to manage the finish line area. Sanitizing stations will be available once you cross the finish line. We ask that you properly sanitize your hands when finishing. We will offer widely spaced out bottled water post race (NO FOOD). However, we encourage you to bring your favorite post-race snack to enjoy after you cross the finish line! Each participant is encouraged to finish the race and return to his or her vehicles to exit the race site. No lingering allowed.
- Racers tend to want to STOP at the end of a race but we ask that you continue moving to limit pile-ups and gathering in the finish line area. We will offer free finish photos at the photo backdrop. Please grab your post race water and visit our photo backdrop to capture race day memories. Our photographer will be in a marked off area. Please respect the space and do not cross the boundary. Photos will be uploaded to Facebook within 48 hours.
- After completing your run and crossing the finish line, you must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area.
- We will encourage runners to move away from the finish line area as soon as they finish and remove their own timing chip.
- You may pick up your FINISHER MEDAL after you remove your timing chip.
- Participants will be required to leave the finish line area and proceed immediately to their vehicle as soon as they complete their race. No congregating of any type will be permitted before, during, or after the event.
We will provide widely spaced out bottled water at one water stop along the course so that you can grab water without touching additional bottles. This water will NOT be placed in ice or cold. We will NOT be providing sports drinks.
Unfortunately, we are unable to collect and donate MUDDY SHOES this year. Please plan accordingly.
Unfortunately, ASCO Spartacus Dash is not in a position to refund your registration. However, because of COVID-19, we are willing to offer you the ability to defer your 2020 registration to 2021. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please understand that we cannot guarantee any future deferrals beyond 2021 at this time and that this deferral will expire.